1. Expectation: You rent a cute place for the summer with your best pals.
Of course three unemployed undergrads can afford an amazing aparment!
Reality: You move back in with your parents.
2. Expectation: You land an awesome PAID internship at a cool company.
Reality: You end up working for less than minimum wage at the mall.
3. Expectation: Of course you find the time & money to backpack through Europe for a few weeks.
If half of your Facebook newsfeed is doing it, you better do it too.
Reality: Family vacation!
Sharing the backseat with your 12-year-old brother and his gross friend for an eight hour drive to Colonial Somewhere-or-other. Yay….
4. Expectation: You have an epic summer romance.
Four months of sunshine & magic.
Reality: Finding a fling is hard. Staying in with Netflix isn’t.
No one’s alone with night cheese.
5. Expectation: You use your free time to catch up on great works of literature and Oscar-winning documentaries.
Reality: You devote every hour to the best summer shows.
She’s right. That half-turn-flip-lift-pirouette was flawless. What was the number to vote again?
6. Expectation: You keep yourself college-ready by getting ahead on your academic reading list.
Time to bring out the big books.
Reality: I’m sorry, reading?
That’s the one with the words and the pages, right?
Reality: Tanning isn’t for everyone.
Aloe vera will be your new best friend.
8. Expectation: You’ll reunite with your best friends from high school.
9. Expectation: You work really hard for the perfect beach body.
What? I always look like this when I exercise!
Reality: Your beach bod is immediately ruined by your daily diet of ice cream.
HAPPY SUMMER 2014!
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›