Marvel Studios has either co-produced or fully produced 25 movies thus far, with many more in the works, including Guardians of the Galaxy which is to be released this August.
Here are some things that appear in almost all of the Marvel movies that have been released thus far:
1. Sweet, sweet slow motion.
2. Lots of news reporting.
Usually an annoying newswoman helps catch us up on the story at some point in case we missed something.
3. A highway, subway or bridge scene.
Or all three.
4. Some civilians help the hero in some way.
5. A man unnecessarily has their shirt off at some point.
Not that anyone is complaining…
6. Of course, the ladies leave little to be desired too.
Again, not that we’re complaining…
7. Someone’s powers don’t work or they drop their weapon at a critical moment.
8. But in the nick of time the issue is resolved.
9. We get to experience the perfect combination of brooding and disaster porn.
10. The hero goes out of his or her way to help a child or woman.
11. The extremely likable non-super person has a great action moment.
And we all cheer internally (or externally if that’s who you are).
13. Some really annoying henchmen finally get their comeuppance.
Looking at you X-Men: The Last Stand…