1. 3D Printing played a big part in the 2013 Victoria Secret Fashion Show
Image credit: Eli Schmidt
2. The lead designer envisioned an outfit based on a snowflake
Bradley Rothenberg focused on creating something that is at the intersection of art, design and architecture. (this image is a render of the bustle plan)
3. To create this custom costume, designers had to 3D scan the model who would be wearing the piece
4. The main designer is a trained architect who sees the body as an architectural system
Victoria’s Secret, Shapeways and Swarovski collaborated to create the final design, entitled the “Snow Queen.” (this image is a render of the full outfit from the front)
5. Bradley was able to quickly perfect his design using Maya design software
This was an initial corset render that Rothenberg created.
6. Check it out: can you believe that’s 3D printed nylon plastic?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The death penalty should still be considered for Colorado theater shooter James Holmes, a jury decided.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.