1. LADEE is a robotic mission that will circle the moon
“LADEE” stands for NASA’s Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer.
2. This spacecraft is the size of a small car and will be gathering data about the moon on it’s 160 day trip
Data will be collected from the lunar atmosphere, conditions near the surface and environmental influences on lunar dust.
3. Multiple phases make up the LADEE mission, allowing it to collect and analyze data about the moon
4. There are eight phases of this mission
The LADEE mission consists of the following phases: Launch, Ascent, Activation and Checkout, Phasing Orbits, Lunar Orbit Insertion, Commissioning, Science, and Decommissioning.
5. The final decommissioning phase of the mission will end in a monstrous impact
Collecting data up until the very moment of contact with the moon.