1. Aston Martin Design is home to the makers of world-renowned luxury sports cars
2. These designers have the unique ability to bring together the physical and digital aspects of design
3. Aston Martin sculpt their models in clay and use laser scans so they can be visualized in 3D
4. Using the 3D scan, a full model can be sculpted and milled in clay by the computer
5. Aston Martin uses this process in advanced rapid prototyping of new designs
The data from a designers sketch can then be used to produce a photorealistic visualization to share with others in the design team and can also be sent to the 3D printing machine to produce a prototype. (such as the steering wheel pictured below)
6. Using advanced design software, a new concept for a vehicle can go from ‘art’ to ‘part’ within days
Pictured below is a member of the Aston Martin team using visualization software to design the new automobile.