1. Aston Martin Design is home to the makers of world-renowned luxury sports cars
2. These designers have the unique ability to bring together the physical and digital aspects of design
3. Aston Martin sculpt their models in clay and use laser scans so they can be visualized in 3D
4. Using the 3D scan, a full model can be sculpted and milled in clay by the computer
5. Aston Martin uses this process in advanced rapid prototyping of new designs
The data from a designers sketch can then be used to produce a photorealistic visualization to share with others in the design team and can also be sent to the 3D printing machine to produce a prototype. (such as the steering wheel pictured below)
6. Using advanced design software, a new concept for a vehicle can go from ‘art’ to ‘part’ within days
Pictured below is a member of the Aston Martin team using visualization software to design the new automobile.
7. This design process gives way to innovative new vehicles such as the Aston Martin Vanquish Centenary Edition
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria to move across the countries' borders with Hungary, where Syrians' passage had been blocked. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›