You may or may not be aware, there’s a condition that’s sweeping the nation.
SGS (Shy Girl Syndrome) affects an estimated 40% of the female population.
Here’s how you find out if you’re one of them.
1. When you were younger, hearing the teacher say “Partner up” made you feel like this…
2. Being asked to go into the staff room = major freak-out.
3. All the other girls in school did TLC dance routines at school recitals.
You weren’t brave enough (even though you knew some bitchin’ choreography).
4. In class you knew the answer but were far too scared to say anything.
5. In fact, your quietness had a few people thinking you were a mute.
6. When you did suddenly speak it made people feel uneasy.
7. Now you’re older you speak up but it’s more of a mumble than actual words.
9. After they’ve asked you for the third time you give up and walk away.
11. When your crush calls you pick up — but it’s SO HARD to keep your cool.
12. Even when making a doctor’s appointment, phone fear makes you sound like a pubescent boy.
13. Facebook = difficult territory. You spend HOURS trying to figure out if it’s appropriate to send a friend request.
14. When you got a new job you took to Facebook to write a happy status about it.
15. And then quickly deleted it out of fear of being “too much.”
16. When someone annoys you, you get REALLY angry.
17. Telling someone how you feel in general is pretty freakin’ difficult.
18. You often send people songs, hoping they get the subliminal messages.
19. When you see someone you know in public you have a big debate with yourself about approaching them.
20. In the end you decide to stare at them. Hoping you can make them turn around with your mind.
21. When you’re in a group situation and someone suddenly asks you a question your brain turns to mush.
24. When you don’t find what you need you purchase something anyway because the cashier is totally judging you.
26. Trying on clothes is a big-time nightmare — especially when there’s no private mirror.
27. You have to venture out of your cubicle and check yourself out in front of hordes of other women.
If you exhibit any of these signs you most definitely have SGS.
But you’ll be OK. Take it easy, deep breaths and get plenty of rest.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›