1. Will Ferrell announced Tuesday afternoon that he was doing a Reddit AMA.
2. First of all…
3. Will’s first Reddit post and he’s already mastering the art of sarcasm.
4. He let “Elf” fans know that it was perfectly OK to let the movie define their lives.
5. He also dispelled any rumors that he and the Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer are the same person.
“It has been acknowledged many times that myself and Chad Smith, drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, share a resemblance to each other. A lot of people think that it’s me playing for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. But that would be an insult to Chad Smith. The truth of the matter is there is no Will Ferrell. Only Chad Smith.” -Will Ferrell
6. Speaking of musicians…A band wanted to be named by Mr. Ferrell.
The band must deliver now.
7. Will wanted to be…Spider-Man?
Fan: Is there any movie role, outside of comedy, that you wish you could have landed?
Will: Yes. It was down to me or Tobey Maguire for Spider-Man and they harshly told me I was too fat for the suit. That having been said, every time I watch Spider-Man I still think I was the better actor for the role.
9. Still not clear if there’s going to be a Step Brothers 2.
Fan: Step Brothers 2, will it happen?
Will: Will it happen? Or won’t it happen?