1. Jurgen Klinsmann and the U.S. Men’s National Team are playing a VERY IMPORTANT match versus Germany on Thursday. If the U.S. wins, they will shock the world by finishing first in the “Group of Death.”
2. The excuse note reads:
To whom it may concern:
Please excuse (insert name) from work on Thursday, June 26th.
I understand that this absence may reduce the productivity of your workplace, but I can assure you that it is for an important cause. The #USMNT has a critical World Cup game vs. Germany and we will need the full support of the nation if we are to advance to the next round.
By the way, you should act like a good leader and take the day off as well. Go USA!
U.S. Men’s National Team
3. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo answered Jurgen Klinsmann by giving all state employees an extra-long lunch break for the United States World Cup match.
4. Worry about your career on Friday. This is your country we’re talking about. LET’S GO USA!
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?