1. Jurgen Klinsmann and the U.S. Men’s National Team are playing a VERY IMPORTANT match versus Germany on Thursday. If the U.S. wins, they will shock the world by finishing first in the “Group of Death.”
2. The excuse note reads:
To whom it may concern:
Please excuse (insert name) from work on Thursday, June 26th.
I understand that this absence may reduce the productivity of your workplace, but I can assure you that it is for an important cause. The #USMNT has a critical World Cup game vs. Germany and we will need the full support of the nation if we are to advance to the next round.
By the way, you should act like a good leader and take the day off as well. Go USA!
U.S. Men’s National Team
3. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo answered Jurgen Klinsmann by giving all state employees an extra-long lunch break for the United States World Cup match.
4. Worry about your career on Friday. This is your country we’re talking about. LET’S GO USA!
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.