1. Jurgen Klinsmann and the U.S. Men’s National Team are playing a VERY IMPORTANT match versus Germany on Thursday. If the U.S. wins, they will shock the world by finishing first in the “Group of Death.”
2. The excuse note reads:
To whom it may concern:
Please excuse (insert name) from work on Thursday, June 26th.
I understand that this absence may reduce the productivity of your workplace, but I can assure you that it is for an important cause. The #USMNT has a critical World Cup game vs. Germany and we will need the full support of the nation if we are to advance to the next round.
By the way, you should act like a good leader and take the day off as well. Go USA!
U.S. Men’s National Team
3. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo answered Jurgen Klinsmann by giving all state employees an extra-long lunch break for the United States World Cup match.
4. Worry about your career on Friday. This is your country we’re talking about. LET’S GO USA!
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›