1. The baby gorilla, born via c-section at the San Diego Zoo, was finally reunited with her mother, Imani, after 12 days in veterinarian care.
Since the physical introduction yesterday, Imani has been constantly cradling and carrying the baby around.
2. The San Diego Zoo couldn’t hold back tears during the introduction.
3. The reunion came almost two weeks after the baby gorilla was put under constant veterinarian with a collapsed lung.
4. The collapsed lung led to the little baby gorilla struggling with a bout of pneumonia.
5. BUT EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OKAY NOW!
Associate director of veterinary services at the park, Nadine Lamberski, said last week the unnamed gorilla is developing quickly and normally after undergoing surgery for a collapsed lung.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.