1. The baby gorilla, born via c-section at the San Diego Zoo, was finally reunited with her mother, Imani, after 12 days in veterinarian care.
Since the physical introduction yesterday, Imani has been constantly cradling and carrying the baby around.
2. The San Diego Zoo couldn’t hold back tears during the introduction.
3. The reunion came almost two weeks after the baby gorilla was put under constant veterinarian with a collapsed lung.
4. The collapsed lung led to the little baby gorilla struggling with a bout of pneumonia.
5. BUT EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OKAY NOW!
Associate director of veterinary services at the park, Nadine Lamberski, said last week the unnamed gorilla is developing quickly and normally after undergoing surgery for a collapsed lung.