1. In case you didn’t know, professional wrestling is scripted and WWE scripts have found their way online in recent weeks.
The page above shows how a match is split up into “segments.” It is for a match between Rob Van Dam (RVD) and Alberto Del Rio and shows how the match was scheduled to play out.
Notice halfway down the page where it says “Finish — RVD Over.” This is code for “RVD is scheduled to win.”
It follows up with “Music,” which means the winning wrestler’s music will play throughout the arena.
Next, is “Reactions,” which means the camera will cut straight to crowd reactions after the three-count and music hits.
2. Watch the last few seconds of the match, played out exactly like the script calls for.
- At least 13 people were killed after severe storms and flooding hit the French Riviera on Saturday evening. At least six more are missing. ›
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›