1. In case you didn’t know, professional wrestling is scripted and WWE scripts have found their way online in recent weeks.
The page above shows how a match is split up into “segments.” It is for a match between Rob Van Dam (RVD) and Alberto Del Rio and shows how the match was scheduled to play out.
Notice halfway down the page where it says “Finish — RVD Over.” This is code for “RVD is scheduled to win.”
It follows up with “Music,” which means the winning wrestler’s music will play throughout the arena.
Next, is “Reactions,” which means the camera will cut straight to crowd reactions after the three-count and music hits.
2. Watch the last few seconds of the match, played out exactly like the script calls for.
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›