1. In case you didn’t know, professional wrestling is scripted and WWE scripts have found their way online in recent weeks.
The page above shows how a match is split up into “segments.” It is for a match between Rob Van Dam (RVD) and Alberto Del Rio and shows how the match was scheduled to play out.
Notice halfway down the page where it says “Finish — RVD Over.” This is code for “RVD is scheduled to win.”
It follows up with “Music,” which means the winning wrestler’s music will play throughout the arena.
Next, is “Reactions,” which means the camera will cut straight to crowd reactions after the three-count and music hits.
2. Watch the last few seconds of the match, played out exactly like the script calls for.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›