1. Video taken by a group of oil workers, on Monday, shows a rare EF-2 tornado hit near their camp, just south of Watford City, N.D.
2. Peak winds of 120mph were reported by the National Weather Service. The tornado was estimated to be 100 yards wide, with a path of a half-a-mile long.
3. The insane footage shows a scene that is rarely captured by someone who survives being so close to a tornado.
4. The workers captured most of the footage from inside a truck, while dirt and debris were being tossed around outside by the tornado.
5. Watch the full video below:
Austin Hunt is a social news reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Austin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island of Saipan.