1. Video taken by a group of oil workers, on Monday, shows a rare EF-2 tornado hit near their camp, just south of Watford City, N.D.
2. Peak winds of 120mph were reported by the National Weather Service. The tornado was estimated to be 100 yards wide, with a path of a half-a-mile long.
3. The insane footage shows a scene that is rarely captured by someone who survives being so close to a tornado.
4. The workers captured most of the footage from inside a truck, while dirt and debris were being tossed around outside by the tornado.
5. Watch the full video below:
Austin Hunt is a social news reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Austin Hunt at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›