1. Phish announced a summer tour on Tuesday.
Phish fans have been stir crazy in recent days, after the news of possible summer shows at New York’s Saratoga Performing Arts Center leaked.
Bug out no longer: the band has dropped an official list of summer tour dates, in a press release and video. The tour will begin on July 1st in Mansfield, MA and end with a 3-night run at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce, CO over Labor Day weekend. The summer tour will also include the rumored 4th of July weekend stop in Saratoga, along with 3 nights in New York City at Randall’s Island.
Tickets go on sale to the public via the band’s website on March 27th, but fans can begin requesting tickets now through a pre-sale lottery.
2014 Phish Summer Tour:
July 1: Xfinity Center - Mansfield, MA
July 3-5: Saratoga Performing Arts Center - Saratoga Springs, NY
July 8-9: Mann Center for the Performing Arts - Philadelphia, PA
July 11-13: Randall’s Island - New York, NY
July 15: CMAC Performing Arts Center - Canandaigua, NY
July 16: DTE Energy Music Theatre - Clarkston, MI
July 18-20: First Merit Pavilion - Chicago, IL
July 25: PNC Music Pavilion - Charlotte, NC
July 26-27: Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD
July 29-30: nTelos Music Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA
August 1: Amphitheatre at the Wharf - Orange Beach, AL
August 2: Oak Mountain Amphitheatre - Pelham, AL
August 3: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Alpharetta, GA
August 29-31: Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO
2. Watch the band’s summer tour announcement video:
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›