1. Early this morning, NBC 10 reported a massive multi-car accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
3. The PA Turnpike Commission lifted speed restrictions a few hours before the initial accident.
4. At first, 50 cars were reported in the major pileup.
7. In total, between 50 and 100 cars were involved in the massive pileup.
9. Traffic was backed up for at least 5 miles, reported NBC 10.
12. The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission enacted “Plan X” to combat the accident scene.
“Plan X, is the method by which the Commission, in emergency situations such as multiple vehicle accidents, closes certain sections of the Turnpike and reroutes traffic around the affected sections.”