1. February 20th was “Kurt Cobain Day” in his hometown of Aberdeen, Washington.
2. The town celebrated what would’ve been Kurt’s 47th birthday.
Jeff Kravitz / FilmMagic
6. “We should have done this a whole heckuva long time ago,” said the Aberdeen mayor.
7. The town ended the event by unveiling a…rather depressing statue.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›