1. February 20th was “Kurt Cobain Day” in his hometown of Aberdeen, Washington.
2. The town celebrated what would’ve been Kurt’s 47th birthday.
Jeff Kravitz / FilmMagic
6. “We should have done this a whole heckuva long time ago,” said the Aberdeen mayor.
7. The town ended the event by unveiling a…rather depressing statue.
In The News Today
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›