1. February 20th was “Kurt Cobain Day” in his hometown of Aberdeen, Washington.
2. The town celebrated what would’ve been Kurt’s 47th birthday.
4. There was live music in honor of the late Nirvana singer.
5. Fans even came from across the country to pay homage.
6. “We should have done this a whole heckuva long time ago,” said the Aberdeen mayor.
7. The town ended the event by unveiling a…rather depressing statue.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›