1. February 20th was “Kurt Cobain Day” in his hometown of Aberdeen, Washington.
2. The town celebrated what would’ve been Kurt’s 47th birthday.
4. There was live music in honor of the late Nirvana singer.
5. Fans even came from across the country to pay homage.
6. “We should have done this a whole heckuva long time ago,” said the Aberdeen mayor.
7. The town ended the event by unveiling a…rather depressing statue.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›