1. When your teacher didn’t pick you to take something to the office for them
Anything to get out of that boring classroom.
2. When safety patrol yelled at you
Just because you have a green sash doesn’t mean you get to boss me around.
3. Parent-teacher conferences
I don’t have an attitude problem, I just don’t like anyone and I don’t like school.
4. Getting your card flipped to red for talking
Excuse me, but they were talking to me. Have them flip their card to red.
5. Having to ask to go to the bathroom
Great, now the entire class knows my bladder schedule.
7. People who got a packed lunch when you had to eat school lunch
I mean, there’s no way they’re going to eat all of those goldfish, right?
8. People with school lunch asking you for food if you have a packed lunch
I was planning on eating all of my goldfish, sorry.
9. When your best friend skipped school to go on vacation
The biggest fear on these days is when the teacher asks you to buddy up and you don’t have a partner so the teacher picks them out for you.
10. When your teacher gave you winter break homework
It’s called a break for a reason.
11. Broken crayons
Now it’s about 70,000% harder to color. Nothing needs to be colored that intensely.
12. When you knew the answer but weren’t called on
My hand was waving and I was hovering above my seat. Don’t say you didn’t see me.
13. Getting yelled at for not walking on the line
It’s called freedom of expression. It’s 2014. I’ll walk where I want to.
14. Never getting picked for line leader
If you had a last name that began with an “A”, you never understood this struggle.
15. Accidentally calling your teacher “mom”
WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAPPEN TO ME?!
16. The hunger struggle between lunch and afternoon snack
Scientific fact: the second part of the day is way more exhausting than the first.
17. Wearing tennis shoes everyday
And then taking them off not only to find a real swell sock imprint, but also assorted dirt, mulch, sand, and rocks from playing too hard at recess.
18. Riding the bus
Ugh, getting out at 3:30 and being the last stop meant actually getting home at dinner time.
19. Getting told to quiet down
Are we REALLY disturbing the class next door?
20. Parental instructions that you actually had to buy a book from the book fair
They don’t know what’s best for me and they also don’t know how much I really need this strawberry cheesecake smencil and glitter flower pencil topper.
21. That one special you hated
One day of the week. Either you hated PE, music, art, or media, but there was always one that made you just not want to go to school.