1. It’s illegal to cause a nuclear explosion.
This ones true, thanks to the Prohibition and Inspections Act of 1998. So make sure you think twice next time your in your personal nuclear reactor.
2. It’s illegal for women in Liverpool to be topless, unless they are a clerk in in a tropical fish store.
An old folks tale, furiously denied of existence by Liverpool City Council.
3. All caught whales and sturgeon are property of the monarch.
According to the Prerogative Regis, they both class as “royal fish”.
4. It’s illegal to handle Salmon in suspicious circumstances.
Also true under the Salmon Act of 1986. I don’t think kissing them counts though…
5. You’re breaking the law if you fire a cannon within 300 yards of any house.
Or anything larger than a fowling piece (whatever that is!) under the Metropolitan Police Act of 1839.
- The U.S. airstrike on a Doctors Without Borders hospital that killed at least 30 people last month happened as a "direct result of avoidable human error," the Pentagon said. ›
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Pope Francis arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›