1. If all goes well, this will be Felix Baumgartner’s second attempt to skydive from 123,000 feet in the air — higher than anyone before — after Tuesday’s failed launch.The jump is scheduled for 10am MDT, watch the live feed here:
[UPDATED 10:45am EST]: New launch time set for 10am MDT (12pm EST).
“We are going to get your goal and your dream accomplished Felix.” Joe Kittinger from Mission Control http://t.co/OA4s4sHV— Red Bull Stratos
8. Below is everything that happened (or didn’t happen) from Tuesday’s attempt.
[UPDATED 12:05pm]: They’re opening the balloon! Inflation will start at 10:15 MDT and the launch at roughly 11 MDT.
[UPDATED 12:45pm]: Popular Science says the capsule is now suspended from the crane; once the balloon becomes vertical they’ll release the capsule with Felix inside. (The balloon has to be perfectly vertical when it launches or it might tear.)
Guinness Book of World records is here, in addition to the FAI, which will officially verify any records set. #stratos— Jennifer Bogo
[UPDATED 12:55pm]: Looks like the jump is going to be at 11:30 MDT now.
The morbid things I learned back in 2010 about @RedBullStratos. If Felix sweats too much too early, he’ll freeze to death. (1/2)— Peter Ha
A tear in his suit will result in every bit of liquid attempting to vacate the suit through said tear. (2/2)— Peter Ha
[UPDATED 1:25pm]: “We’re told permission was granted to begin inflation but there’s been a subsequent delay. Yesterday meteorologist Don Day told us that weather at mission control can be totally different than the weather at the launch site a couple hundred yards away,” says Popular Science.
[UPDATED 1:30pm]: Five minute countdown!
[UPDATED 1:40pm]: CANCELLED.
Dude, just go there and jump finally. Don’t tell me you’re afraid of wind. #stratos— Piotrek Mierzejewski
RT @TBJprod: Four Loko’s like, “Jump, pussy.”— Jeff McMurray
#redbullstratosjump delayed again… Who cares if its windy make that fucker jump! #impatient— Omer VanDenHeede
[UPDATED 1:50pm]: Apparently things were pretty windy on the tarmac, and the balloon twisted and touched the ground — meaning no jump — because it’s that delicate. Rumors of a reschedule for tomorrow…
- The CIA has officially — but very quietly — admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina are the latest Republicans to drop out of the 2016 presidential race 🇺🇸
- The reboot of popular BBC car show "Top Gear" will have seven presenters, but only one woman 🚗💁