South Koreans are radically altering their appearance at a shockingly young age to conform to more traditionally “Western” standards of beauty. Below, South Korean high school students explain this thinking in their own words.
2. What is beautiful to Koreans?
5. When asked why she thinks these traits are pretty:
6. Will you get plastic surgery?
8. Interviewer from off camera:
11. Why do you want a nose job?
14. Many South Koreans get surgery to create a false eyelid crease typically native to Western faces.
Despite surgery, the difference in appearance is often subtle.
15. How Koreans apply a special glue to give themselves a “double eyelid”:
19. Watch the entire mini-documentary on Korean high school students.
For those specifically interested in South Korean beauty standards, skip ahead to 5:45.