1. Facebook’s yet-to-be built west campus was designed by the famous architect Frank Gehry to be completely open.
It’s essentially a 10-acre giant room — and you will be able to see down the center of the entire building from one end to the other.
2. Google’s new complex, “Bay View,” is meant to facilitate spontaneous interactions between employees.
According to the architects, because of the use of bent rectangles and sky bridges in the design, it shouldn’t take an employee more than 2½ minutes to walk to any other employee in the complex.
3. Samsung’s new complex will house 2,000 employees, half sales, half R&D.
The tower will be clad in white metal and clear glass to reduce solar heat gain and provide a sense of lightness.
4. Amazon’s new headquarters will sit squarely in the middle of downtown Seattle.
At the center of its campus lies the five-story, 65,000-square-foot “biodome,” which will allow employees to work year-round in a natural environment.
The biodome will include a series of retail shops on its bottom floor and will be open to the public as well as Amazon employees.
5. Apple’s new campus, referred to as a “spaceship” by Steve Jobs, has been compared to the Death Star and the Pentagon due to its insular shape.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".