1. As of June 2012, Google cars had driven over 5 million miles, covering 39 countries, and about 3,000 cities.
Above: All the countries where street view is currently available.
2. Which means they’ve collected over 20 petabytes (PB) of information. Petabyte as in 1PB = 1000 terabytes. That’s 15 zeros!
4. “I Wish I Was There” is an Instagram account which uses Google Street View to bring you to places you might not see on your own.
5. The account’s owner, Meghan Williams, uses Google to do all of her traveling, virtually.
“I just go to maps.google.com and then drag the little yellow dude. I only use Google street views, never anyone’s submitted pictures. Then just take a screen shot, email it to my phone, filter, and post. I also try to leave as detailed location as Google Maps provides,” Meghan Williams told BuzzFeed.
6. And the result is a whimsical snapshot from around the world.
206 Rodovia MA-026, Codó, Maranhão, Brazil