1. There is a place hidden deep within the Japanese mountains known as Jigokudani (Hell’s Valley) where something strange happens at the same time every year.
2. As the fall fades into the winter and temperatures begin to drop into the 10s (-10 degrees Celsius), a strange visitor comes upon the small hot springs hidden in Hell’s Valley.
4. This is Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park, where each winter swarms of wild Japanese macaques (commonly known as snow monkeys) descend upon the man-made onsen (hot spring) for a nice warm soak.
5. It’s a phenomenon that is both extremely weird and incredibly wonderful.
6. The monkeys have been bathing in this location since 1963, and, quite frankly, they look like they’re having a damn good time. I mean look at this guy…
That is one happy monkey.
9. If I were a monkey, I’d definitely sit in a hot bath all day long.
10. Because who wouldn’t want a moment to sit and contemplate life?
15. Essentially, what we’re saying is, hot monkey baths look like a lot of fun…
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".