1. It’s been 56 years since the last episode of I Love Lucy aired in 1957, and yet Lucy and Ricky remain one of the most famous couples in television history.
2. In the mid-’50s Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz were at the height of their fame.
Moviepix / Getty Images
3. So you can imagine everyone’s delight when they both managed to dupe the panel of the hit TV show, “What’s My Line?”
Hulton Archive/ Stringer / Getty Images
4. Leave it to Lucy to come up with a creative way to get out of a tricky situation.
6. And Desi certainly deserves props for circumventing his famous accent.
7. Well done, Ricardos, well done.
In The News Today
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›