Making new friends can be intimidating, but with a little bit of help anyone can do it.
1. First, don’t be afraid to introduce yourself.
Oftentimes everyone is just as intimidated as you are. By introducing yourself first, you’ve already broken the ice.
4. Eye contact is key when making new friends.
It let’s them know you are interested in what they have to say.
5. It’s always a good idea to have a few conversation starters ready.
“How’s the view from up there?”
Just make sure they’re appropriate.
Better to stay away from anything too personal when first meeting new people.
Instead, bring up mutual interests.
“So how do you find dog food?”
7. After establishing some common ground, initiate a group hangout.
Stick with something light and fun. Invite them to bring their friends along too, that way they won’t feel so intimidated joining in.
8. After you’ve hung out in a group a few times, feel free to start hanging out on your own. You could go to a baseball game.
Or grab drinks after work.
The possibilities are endless.