3. The next person who tells you, “You’re lucky to have summers off. Teachers have it so easy!” is going to get a pencil in the jugular.
4. You don’t care if he’s the president, no leaning back in chairs!
5. You enjoy movie day as much as your students.
7. You laugh right along with your kids when a new teacher with a funny name starts.
8. You’re an expert at scarfing down an entire meal between 4th and 5th period.
9. You’ve considered switching to this method of grading papers.
11. You get irrationally mad when you realize the internet is ruining students’ grammar.
12. You’ve stopped trying to hide your smile when kids tattle on each other.
13. You’ve mastered the art of improvising.
…like when your students turn their desks sideways for April Fools’ Day, and you just roll with it.
14. Your mornings have started to look like this.
16. You don’t take things so seriously anymore. For example, yearbook photos.
19. You know that the one time you leave the house in sweats and with unwashed hair, you WILL run into a student or parent.
20. You love your kids, but still, you get more and more depressed at the end of winter break each year.
22. You’re so far into your subject that it’s warped your sense of humor.
24. Grading papers like this now just makes you laugh instead of cringe.
25. You can deflect students’ tangents and random questions with aplomb.
30. You’ve taken it upon yourself to try out new teaching methods on students.
- A large object discovered Wednesday on the coast of the island of Réunion belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour yesterday afternoon. Local authorities are investigating the incident.