1. Getting an iced cold drink at the rest stop after a long, hot stretch in the car.
3. When it’s your turn to pick the music everyone listens to.
6. Bonding as a family.
7. Eating fast food for every meal, and not feeling guilty at all.
9. Making it through a toll booth without paying.
11. Stopping at a random place and feeling like you discovered something new.
16. Stumbling upon strangely awesome roadside attractions.
17. Finishing that book you’ve been meaning to read, because you actually have nothing else to do.
18. Losing cell service and coming up with a creative way to entertain yourself.
“I Spy,” anyone?
20. Checking into the hotel and immediately crashing.
21. Sticking your hand out of the window and feeling absolutely carefree.
BuzzFeed Violet Producer firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.