1. Your life revolved around making it into as many people’s “Top 8” as possible.
2. You saw your outfits as an expression of your teenage angst.
3. You went running to Hot Topic any time you had an extra $10.
4. You scribbled the anarchy symbol on all of your school supplies.
5. You had a skateboard.
Though I’m betting you never actually rode it.
6. And all you wanted was your very own sk8er boi.
7. You counted down the days to Warped Tour.
8. These were some of your favorite bands.
Blink 182, Avril Lavigne, Green Day
9. You owned this shirt, even though you had no idea what it meant.
10. You wanted blue hair so badly.
But since your parents wouldn’t let you, you settled for some clip-in streaks.
11. All of your accessories were heavily studded.
13. You owned a chain wallet.
And routinely Sharpied-on hardcore knuckle tats.
14. You definitely owned a pair (or three) of checkered Vans slip-ons.
15. You wrote all over your Converse.
Deep meaningful song lyrics, “FUHGAWZ,” or, like, your best friend’s name. Whatever.
16. You rocked anything with a skull or bones on it.
Because owning skulls meant you thought about death, and that was deep.
17. You pierced your nose to show everyone how fearless you were.
Though thankfully your parents refused to let you pierce your eyebrow or lip.
18. You begged your mom to let you gauge your ears.
19. Finally, you couldn’t wait to turn 18 so you could get that really meaningful nautical star tattoo.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›