1. Your life revolved around making it into as many people’s “Top 8” as possible.
4. You scribbled the anarchy symbol on all of your school supplies.
6. And all you wanted was your very own sk8er boi.
7. You counted down the days to Warped Tour.
8. These were some of your favorite bands.
Blink 182, Avril Lavigne, Green Day
9. You owned this shirt, even though you had no idea what it meant.
10. You wanted blue hair so badly.
But since your parents wouldn’t let you, you settled for some clip-in streaks.
13. You owned a chain wallet.
And routinely Sharpied-on hardcore knuckle tats.
14. You definitely owned a pair (or three) of checkered Vans slip-ons.
15. You wrote all over your Converse.
Deep meaningful song lyrics, “FUHGAWZ,” or, like, your best friend’s name. Whatever.
16. You rocked anything with a skull or bones on it.
Because owning skulls meant you thought about death, and that was deep.
17. You pierced your nose to show everyone how fearless you were.
Though thankfully your parents refused to let you pierce your eyebrow or lip.
19. Finally, you couldn’t wait to turn 18 so you could get that really meaningful nautical star tattoo.
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›