1. There are some places that just don’t seem to belong on Earth. Do you expect us to believe this glowing pool of alien juice is lying around somewhere?
Devil’s Bathtub — Rotorua, New Zealand
2. And what about this magical paradise? Where are all the Na’vi?… They must be hiding.
Hraunfossar Waterfalls — Húsafell, Iceland
3. You’re not fooling anyone; this is obviously Mars.
El Teide National Park in Tenerife, Canary Islands
4. Ever seen what it looks like when a giant glacier melts? It looks like the surface of the moon!
McMurdo Valley — Antarctica
5. How about this giant puddle of shimmering droplets?
Spotted Lake — Osoyoos, Canada
6. I’m sorry, is this Saturn or South Dakota? Because I’m confused.
Badlands National Park — South Dakota
7. Mesa thinks this is where Jar Jar Binks is from.
Acacus Mountains — Ghat, Libya
8. Oh, look, it’s the long-since-destroyed planet of Krypton. FALSE, IT’S WASHINGTON.
Gravity Chamber — Mount Rainier, Washington
9. Those tiny things are PEOPLE! The world is a beautiful place.
The Wave — Paria Canyon, Arizona/Utah Border
10. One should never underestimate just how awesome* the Grand Canyon is.
Grand Canyon National Park — Arizona
*Also let’s take a second to collectively reflect on what the word awesome actually implies: Awesome (adj.): extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.
12. WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! I CAN’T EVEN DEAL WITH HOW BEAUTIFUL AND MIND-BOGGLING CAVES ARE!
Nigardsbreen Ice Cave — Norway
13. OK, back to non-caves. How about this giant floating pyramid in the middle of the ocean?
Ball’s Pyramid — 10 miles off the Australian Coast
14. Or what about the leftover volcanic acid shimmering in the middle of the desert? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!
Dallol Volcanic Acid Pool — Ethiopia
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The world's record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead after having disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.