2. Don’t buy alcohol — it’s free.
When you’re gambling, cocktails are free (even if you’re just playing the slots). Just make sure to tip the waitress well so she comes back: $5 should do it to start, then $1–2 for each drink after that.
3. Though road-tripping is arguably the cheapest way to get to Vegas (from the West Coast), flying is not as expensive as you might think. Look for deals on local airlines.
I once bought a ticket from LAX to Vegas on Southwest Airlines for only $19 each way. Look for the deals — they’re there.
7. Don’t rule out staying in a suite! If you split it with friends, it can actually be relatively affordable.
True, there are always cheap rooms available somewhere — but if you want to stay at a relatively nice place without breaking the bank, then consider splitting a suite with friends. At The Venetian, a standard suite sleeps six people (each room has two queen beds and a queen-sized sofa bed).
9. Avoid cabs if you can. Save some money by riding public transportation.
Ticket prices for the monorail: single ride ($5), unlimited one-day pass ($12), unlimited three-day pass ($28). Seriously, I know it may not look far, but to walk from The Excalibur to the Wynn is 2.5 miles, so save your feet!
10. Hit up a brunch buffet. They’re much cheaper than dinner buffets and typically include some kind of alcoholic beverage.
Brunch buffets start as early as 11 a.m., so you can save some cash by having a late breakfast/early lunch. For dinner you can grab something lighter (and cheaper) in one of the many food courts sprinkled throughout almost every hotel.
12. And finally, if you’re gambling, bring out only what you want to spend for the day.
There’s nothing more dangerous than a rogue debit card on the casino floor.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.