Pinterest was built for *discovery* but with its recent acquisition of Punchfork and real upgrades to the search feature, the user experience has vastly improved. While Pinterest search results can be broad and a little all over the place, it can actually be more useful than Google’s bread-and-butter product.
Google, you are SO obvious.
2. 1. Pinterest search for STRIPES: clothes, art, design
3. Google search for STRIPES: stripes
4. 2. Pinterest search for RUFFLES: dresses, skirts, cakes, ruffles!
5. Google search for RUFFLES: chips
6. 3. Pinterest search for BLUE: a kitchen, sunset, candles, a church, paint, ~ambience~
7. Google search for BLUE: the color
9. Google search for CHEVRON: hello OIL
10. 5. Pinterest search for ANGRY: cute and irritated animals plus one kid in timeout
11. Google search for ANGRY: crappy stock images
12. 6. Pinterest search for COOKIES: Oreos, a candle, chocolate-dipped, fancy, packaged
13. Google search for COOKIES: chocolate chip BORING
14. 7. Pinterest search for EGGS: bird eggs, painted, pink, hard boiled, eggs on tomatoes, eggs on toast
15. Google search for EGGS: stuff from a chicken’s butt
16. 8. Pinterest search for CALIFORNIA: lofts, water, bridges, filters, camp sites, bridges, sunshine
18. 9. Pinterest search for IPHONE: cookies, covers, stars, stripes, skulls, iphones
19. Google search for IPHONE: iphones
20. 10. Pinterest search for LOVE: nothing?
21. Google search for LOVE: better than Pinterest
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?