1. The heartbreaking and memorable beginning of the movie almost wasn’t.
The first storyboarded version had Ellie and Carl punching each other, and when the writers presented it, they were left with silence.
You can watch the original beginning (starts at the 3:35 mark) here, but it will still make you cry, so grab tissues.
3. It took three days to get to Angel Falls and Mount Roraima, the inspiration for Paradise Falls.
They took an airplane to another airplane, to a jeep, to a helicopter, back to a jeep, and then trekked out.
14. Russell was heavily influenced by story artist Peter Sohn.
19. And last but not least, a replica of Ellie and Carl’s house (inside and out) was built in Utah for an asking price of almost $400,000.
Bangerter Homes got permission by Disney to build it. You can watch more about it here.
A couple also took anniversary pictures here and it is the CUTEST THING EVER.
In conclusion: I will be watching UP tonight.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, the conservative heart of the U.S. Supreme Court for more than a decade, has died.
- Scalia was appointed to the court in 1986, a nominee of President Ronald Reagan. He was 79 years old.