1. Your drawers were fully stocked with Soffe shorts.
Probably still is.
3. This is you every time someone says cheerleading isn’t a sport.
4. You did stunts anywhere you could, like at the pool.
7. You spent more time perfecting your toe-touches than practicing cheers.
8. And you know this sequence is way harder than it looks.
15. Every time someone mocks you with “rah rah siss boom bah” you want to drop-kick them since no cheerleader ever says this. Ever.
17. And probably watched the awful sequels just so you could judge the routines.
18. You stopped everything you were doing to watch competitions on TV.
19. You bragged about famous cheerleaders because you were so proud to share this connection.
21. And when your mom wasn’t around to help do your curls, your teammates stepped in.
22. You’ve experienced or witnessed a lot of injuries in your life.
And probably still showed up to practice.
23. People assumed you did cheerleading for the popularity, but you actually just loved the sport.
Let’s be honest, it was more about stunting and competitions than cheering at games.
26. Cheer camp was both stressful and awesome.
You felt like you might die a few times, but it was worth it.
27. Despite what your friends thought, you never did this move.
29. And let’s not even talk about your first kick full.
Flyer: “Will they catch me?”
Bases: “Will we catch her?”
Back spot: “This is totally going to give me a nose bleed.”
30. Your parent’s car definitely looked like this at every competition.
31. This drives you absolutely insane.
33. Your favorite part of practice was learning new, advanced stunts.
34. And you hoped to achieve a double or triple full one day.
- At least 13 people were killed after severe storms and flooding hit the French Riviera on Saturday evening. At least six more are missing. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›