1. Your drawers were fully stocked with Soffe shorts.
Probably still is.
3. This is you every time someone says cheerleading isn’t a sport.
4. You did stunts anywhere you could, like at the pool.
7. You spent more time perfecting your toe-touches than practicing cheers.
8. And you know this sequence is way harder than it looks.
15. Every time someone mocks you with “rah rah siss boom bah” you want to drop-kick them since no cheerleader ever says this. Ever.
17. And probably watched the awful sequels just so you could judge the routines.
18. You stopped everything you were doing to watch competitions on TV.
19. You bragged about famous cheerleaders because you were so proud to share this connection.
21. And when your mom wasn’t around to help do your curls, your teammates stepped in.
22. You’ve experienced or witnessed a lot of injuries in your life.
And probably still showed up to practice.
23. People assumed you did cheerleading for the popularity, but you actually just loved the sport.
Let’s be honest, it was more about stunting and competitions than cheering at games.
26. Cheer camp was both stressful and awesome.
You felt like you might die a few times, but it was worth it.
27. Despite what your friends thought, you never did this move.
28. Your first basket toss was probably a little terrifying.
29. And let’s not even talk about your first kick full.
Flyer: “Will they catch me?”
Bases: “Will we catch her?”
Back spot: “This is totally going to give me a nose bleed.”
30. Your parent’s car definitely looked like this at every competition.
31. This drives you absolutely insane.
32. There are several pictures like this in your house.
33. Your favorite part of practice was learning new, advanced stunts.
34. And you hoped to achieve a double or triple full one day.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›