1. First of all, there’s a 98% chance you lived in South Florida during your ~cH0nG@~ phase.
6. Hoop earrings and necklaces with your name were a common everyday accessory.
Ashamed of 13-year-old me.
7. You sometimes wore hideous “Chinese slippers” to school.
How were these even allowed?
9. Dark lip liner and clear lip gloss (or lighter lipstick) was 100% a thing.
13. You sometimes used bra straps as headbands and left a piece of hair hanging in front of your face.
My mom used to call them “antennas.”
14. And then there were the cornrows with colorful elastic hair ties.
15. And of course, the classically gelled hair with a weird part.
16. There was a time when you were super into reggaeton.
¡Dame más gasolina!
17. And let’s not even pretend you didn’t know every Pitbull (Mr. 305) song.
And you probably knew someone who knew him.
19. And you spoke Spanglish, even if you clearly weren’t Hispanic.
20. If you lived in the Miami area, this was your radio station.
D-D-D-DJ Laz dat chico za pimp!
21. And of course, you know every word to this song.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.