1. First of all, there’s a 98% chance you lived in South Florida during your ~cH0nG@~ phase.
6. Hoop earrings and necklaces with your name were a common everyday accessory.
Ashamed of 13-year-old me.
7. You sometimes wore hideous “Chinese slippers” to school.
How were these even allowed?
8. Or these:
9. Dark lip liner and clear lip gloss (or lighter lipstick) was 100% a thing.
10. As was really thin or really thick eyebrows.
13. You sometimes used bra straps as headbands and left a piece of hair hanging in front of your face.
My mom used to call them “antennas.”
14. And then there were the cornrows with colorful elastic hair ties.
15. And of course, the classically gelled hair with a weird part.
16. There was a time when you were super into reggaeton.
¡Dame más gasolina!
17. And let’s not even pretend you didn’t know every Pitbull (Mr. 305) song.
And you probably knew someone who knew him.
19. And you spoke Spanglish, even if you clearly weren’t Hispanic.
20. If you lived in the Miami area, this was your radio station.
D-D-D-DJ Laz dat chico za pimp!