1. This is Marina Diamandis, more commonly known as Marina and the Diamonds, and she is perfect.
“Diamonds” refers to her fans, not her band.
2. She’s a super cute Welsh singer-songwriter who, moving forward, deserves your undivided attention.
3. Marina is a quirky artist and her electro-pop music will bring joy to your ears.
Which will in turn make you want to dance.
4. Early demos of her songs were all self-composed and produced on Apple’s application GarageBand.
5. She doesn’t really have any sappy love songs on her albums, which is actually kind of cool.
It’s oddly refreshing.
6. And when she sings “Hollywood” at concerts, she struts on stage with a giant burger and coke.
It’s a song about America, so this is clearly appropriate.
7. Her vocals are phenomenal and her CDs are the perfect accessory for car rides.
You’ll be blaring that shit.
8. Her music videos are weird and fun and sometimes involve several half-naked men.
9. Like the “How To Be A Heartbreaker” masterpiece.
10. This girl has a 80s Madonna vibe going on and it’s awesome.
Check out those rad glasses.
11. When asked in an interview to describe her fashion style in three words, Diamandis said, “Vintage, cheerleader, and cartoon.”
12. And that little black heart on her cheek is a signature trademark of Marina’s brand.
“Rule number three: wear your heart on your cheek.”
13. Marina is also kind of sassy and it makes you love her even more.
15. And when she told some jerks to GTFO of her show.
A couple guys were yelling during her set so she stopped and said, “Security, please get these guys out so I can finish my song.” You can watch the YouTube video here.