1. In case you haven’t heard, Islands of Adventure’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter is expanding into Universal Orlando this summer.
2. The new area will be Diagon Alley and it looks MAGICAL.
3. Guests will be given the opportunity to ride the Hogwarts Express from Hogsmeade Station to King’s Cross Station.
Yes, with a two-park pass you can travel on the train from Islands of Adventure to Universal Studios.
4. Muggle London will feature the iconic Knight Bus (and hopefully Stan Shunpike).
5. And then Muggles and wizards can take a tour down Diagon Alley.
6. The new area will feature Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.
Not sure if they’re replacing the one in Hogsmeade or just having two.
7. Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment:
8. Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes:
9. Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour:
10. Knockturn Alley:
Yaaass Borgin and Burkes!
11. As well as Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Magical Menagerie, Scribbulus, and the Leaky Cauldron.
12. The Gringotts Wizarding Bank will be transformed into an amazing ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
13. Here’s a look at the vault:
14. And concept art of the ride:
15. SEE YOU THIS SUMMER, FELLOW HARRY POTTER NERDS.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›