4. This game is played by every seventh person in Hong Kong daily.
5. And it’s so popular, it’s even made an appearance in a Psy music video.
6. There are more than 436,000 photos tagged #candycrush on Instagram.
7. And there’s a whole Esty page dedicated to Candy Crush-inspired items.
8. People are so obsessed with this app, they change the date on their phones just to get more lives.
More details here.
10. Candy Crush has 132.9 million monthly Facebook-connected users.
11. Which is more than a 10th of Facebook’s 1.15 billion monthly active users.
12. The game has become so bad, UK Rehab opened a residential rehabilitation program for addicts.
13. Which receives as many as 100 inquires per month and costs $5,000.
Director of Community, Swiftie, Slytherin. firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Arielle Calderon at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›