2. You’ve been to Santa’s many a time.
And have permanently memorized the radio tune.
4. You either grew up bilingual or just became bilingual via osmosis.
5. This was your go-to water park.
Even though the lines were atrocious.
6. Boomers was the place you played mini-golf and rode that sketchy wooden roller coaster.
Wasn’t it originally called Grand Prix?
7. You went to Lion Country Safari and had many animals come right up to your window.
9. You always kept beach stuff in your car, just in case.
10. The Palmetto has been under construction since before you were born.
And it is notorious for awful traffic.
11. And palmetto bugs have RUINED YOUR LIFE.
12. If you didn’t live in Aventura, the only reason you went there was for the kick-ass mall.
13. Jaxson’s was your favorite place to go for ice cream.
And if you were brave enough, you ordered the Kitchen Sink.
16. You often listened to the DJ Laz Morning Show on Power 96.
Power love hour!
17. Flips-flops were completely acceptable footwear all year round.
18. You’ve been to a few Quinceañeras in your life.
And maybe even danced in one.
19. You went to Vizcaya to see the palace.
And probably took some pretty pictures there too.
20. These were your sports teams.
And you still hope the Dolphins will make a comeback. At least they had that perfect season in 1972.
21. Cuban food was the only kind of food.
The best type of catered party.
23. You went through a chonga phase.
Or knew several girls who did.
24. You experienced Hurricane Andrew.
Or hear about it all the time.
25. Your summer camp field trips included a boat ride at the Everglades.
To watch a guy wrestle an alligator.
28. You saw many birds walking around your neighborhood.
Ducks, chickens, peacocks. You know, normal stuff.
29. The only season you experienced was summer.
30. The Festival Flea Market is where you went shopping on Saturdays.
31. As much as humidity sucks, it feels kind of comforting to you.
33. You probably had a colorful house on your block.
36. You crossed the Seven Mile Bridge when you went to the Keys.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›