2. You’ve been to Santa’s many a time.
And have permanently memorized the radio tune.
4. You either grew up bilingual or just became bilingual via osmosis.
5. This was your go-to water park.
Even though the lines were atrocious.
6. Boomers was the place you played mini-golf and rode that sketchy wooden roller coaster.
Wasn’t it originally called Grand Prix?
7. You went to Lion Country Safari and had many animals come right up to your window.
9. You always kept beach stuff in your car, just in case.
10. The Palmetto has been under construction since before you were born.
And it is notorious for awful traffic.
12. If you didn’t live in Aventura, the only reason you went there was for the kick-ass mall.
13. Jaxson’s was your favorite place to go for ice cream.
And if you were brave enough, you ordered the Kitchen Sink.
16. You often listened to the DJ Laz Morning Show on Power 96.
Power love hour!
18. You’ve been to a few Quinceañeras in your life.
And maybe even danced in one.
19. You went to Vizcaya to see the palace.
And probably took some pretty pictures there too.
20. These were your sports teams.
And you still hope the Dolphins will make a comeback. At least they had that perfect season in 1972.
21. Cuban food was the only kind of food.
The best type of catered party.
25. Your summer camp field trips included a boat ride at the Everglades.
To watch a guy wrestle an alligator.
28. You saw many birds walking around your neighborhood.
Ducks, chickens, peacocks. You know, normal stuff.
29. The only season you experienced was summer.
31. As much as humidity sucks, it feels kind of comforting to you.
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›