1. You suddenly forget how to provide food for yourself.
“But dad, it’s better when you make it!”
2. Or how to eat well.
MORE COOKIES? SURE THANKS MOM!
3. Or how to clean up after yourself when you’re done eating.
4. You and your siblings immediately revert back to old power dynamics.
So suck it up and hand over the remote, little bro.
5. You rely on your parents for rides everywhere.
6. And they still want to know where you’re going, who you’re seeing, and when you’ll be back.
“Just some people, you wouldn’t know them, GEEZ.”
7. Drinking booze in the house still feels rebellious, so you feel like you need to be sneaky about it.
8. You sleep in your old twin bed, under your Teen Beat cutouts and posters.
9. You live in your PJs, which ideally are festive onesies.
Real clothes? Uhh no thank you.
11. You’re back to explaining to your mom what you’re doing online at 3am.
“I’m just talking to my friends!!!!!!!!!”
12. And forget about doing your own laundry.
You may have even arrived with an extra bag or two of your already-dirty clothes, just in case mom or dad feel like throwing it in with the wash.
13. You get sucked into your old video game consoles.
This will be the year you beat Ocarina of Time.
14. Nothing in the world seems more exciting than decorating the Christmas tree…
It’s just better than the one in your own apartment!
15. …or opening up the presents underneath it.
16. And for a few days (or weeks) all of your adulthood stresses are tossed aside.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."