1. You suddenly forget how to provide food for yourself.
“But dad, it’s better when you make it!”
2. Or how to eat well.
MORE COOKIES? SURE THANKS MOM!
3. Or how to clean up after yourself when you’re done eating.
4. You and your siblings immediately revert back to old power dynamics.
So suck it up and hand over the remote, little bro.
5. You rely on your parents for rides everywhere.
6. And they still want to know where you’re going, who you’re seeing, and when you’ll be back.
“Just some people, you wouldn’t know them, GEEZ.”
7. Drinking booze in the house still feels rebellious, so you feel like you need to be sneaky about it.
8. You sleep in your old twin bed, under your Teen Beat cutouts and posters.
9. You live in your PJs, which ideally are festive onesies.
Real clothes? Uhh no thank you.
11. You’re back to explaining to your mom what you’re doing online at 3am.
“I’m just talking to my friends!!!!!!!!!”
12. And forget about doing your own laundry.
You may have even arrived with an extra bag or two of your already-dirty clothes, just in case mom or dad feel like throwing it in with the wash.
13. You get sucked into your old video game consoles.
This will be the year you beat Ocarina of Time.
14. Nothing in the world seems more exciting than decorating the Christmas tree…
It’s just better than the one in your own apartment!
15. …or opening up the presents underneath it.
16. And for a few days (or weeks) all of your adulthood stresses are tossed aside.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›