23. Having a library card and using it regularly.
The hold list is your best friend.
22. Buying books faster than you can read them.
Your bookshelf is basically one giant to-do list.
21. Finding out your favorite author is releasing a new book.
Bonus if it’s the next title in a series, or if it’s been over ten years since the last one.
20. BOOK SALES.
It’s every man for himself when that half-off rack comes out.
19. Scoping out the best bookstores in any city you visit.
Have fun stuffing ten new books into your luggage on the way home!
18. Planning your literary tattoos.
You know it’s going to be a quote from Lord of the Rings, you just don’t which one.
17. Midnight release parties.
So much more exciting than midnight movies.
16. Reading on the subway.
Pro: The commute goes by so much faster!
Con: High risk of missing your stop whenever you’re at a really, really good part.
14. Having a permanent dining companion.
“A water for me, and a glass of your finest Cab for the Mother of Dragons.”
13. Seeing your beloved characters come to life on the big screen.
11. Finding notes in used books.
Almost as good as the story itself.
10. Picking out the perfect bookplates.
Sticker or stamp? Modern or traditional?!
9. Creative storage solutions.
A+ interior design, mostly out of necessity.
8. Being opinionated about which editions of the classics are the best.
Or, you know, just collecting them all.
7. Reorganizing your personal library.
The color-blocking trend: so pretty, so impractical.
6. Book clubs.
Or, awesome people who will talk to you about books for hours.
5. Finding out that you and your favorite TV characters have similar taste.
Don Draper and Sawyer from Lost are psyched to welcome you to Super Sexy Fantasy Book Club.
4. Geeking out at book festivals.
This is your Coachella.
3. Staying up way too late because you just have to finish that last chapter.
You know when you’ve reached the point of no return.
2. Living vicariously through fictional characters.
I could hitchhike across Europe, or I could read all about it under this warm, soft comforter.