1. When Jake met Sam at her sister’s wedding to remind her that someone was thinking about her in Sixteen Candles.
2. When a rain-soaked Mr. Darcy proposed to Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice.
He insults her in the process (the original neg) but!! “Most ardently”!!!!!!!
3. When Mark bought Bridget a brand-new diary in Bridget Jones’s Diary.
He didn’t care that she complained about him in her old journal! And she ran out into the snow in just her knickers! True love.
4. When Amélie orchestrated a whimsical scavenger hunt to lead Nino to his lost photo album (and, eventually, to her) in Amélie.
5. When Edward presented Sandra with every daffodil in five states in Big Fish.
Even though she was already engaged! And they don’t know each other! Creepy IRL, but on screen? Swoon.
6. And when Max presented Lorelei with exactly 1,000 yellow daisies in Gilmore Girls.
Not 1,001. Not 999.
7. When Ennis jumped Jack in a fit of passion, even though he was in FULL VIEW of his wife, in Brokeback Mountain.
8. When Frank took a bullet for Rachel in The Bodyguard.
And they still didn’t even get their happy ending!!!
9. When Dre popped up during Syd’s Hot 97 interview to ask a very important and LONG OVERDUE question in Brown Sugar.
10. When Jim made Pam a video montage of their very own love story in The Office.
If only we all had documentarians following us around for years.
11. When Monica turned the tables on Chandler’s proposal and surprised him in a candlelit apartment on Friends.
They both got on their knees! A mutual proposal!!
12. When Patrick serenaded Kat in front of the entire soccer team in 10 Things I Hate About You.
How did he rig up the sound system? Who cares?
13. When Danny learned the dance to “Try Again” and performed it for Mindy on The Mindy Project.
Best gift ever.
14. When the men of The Best Man Holiday treated the ladies to a ~private performance.~
“Why don’t you ever learn a choreographed dance for ME?” —You, to your girlfriend
15. When Kip offered Hana exclusive late-night access to the artwork in an old Italian cathedral in The English Patient.
16. When the Beast gave Belle his ENTIRE MAGNIFICENT LIBRARY in Beauty and the Beast.
Was he holding her as his prisoner? Yes, technically. Is that library still a dream? Duh.
18. When Ned brought bees to the roof of The Pie Hole so Chuck could pick up her beloved hobby on Pushing Daisies.
Oh, also, he brought her back from the dead, so. Pretty romantic.
19. And when Idgie dipped her arm into a beehive just to get Ruth some wild honey in Fried Green Tomatoes.
Ugh, bees. Not enough bees in your love life.
20. When Noah built Allie her dream house with his own two hands in The Notebook.
21. When Felicity followed Ben across the country because she was certain they should be together in Felicity.
To be fair, he wrote a pretty great yearbook note.
22. When Edward overcame his fear of heights to woo Vivian on the fire escape in Pretty Woman.
23. When Seth got on the kissing booth to announce his feelings for Summer on The O.C.
“Acknowledge me now or lose me forever.” Seriously, just watch it.
24. When Rachel climbed a car in the middle of a traffic jam to shout her love to Luce in Imagine Me & You.
Climbing is key in romance.
25. When Sam ran past airport security to bid Joanna good-bye in Love Actually.
He also learned the drums to be in a band with her. The kid is good.
26. When Harry ran to a New Year’s Eve party so he could kiss Sally at midnight in When Harry Met Sally.
Running, like climbing, is also necessary in love.
27. When Josie apologized to Sam in the city newspaper and then posted up in the middle of a baseball field to see if he’d come kiss her, in Never Been Kissed.
(He did. Duh.)
28. When Johnny interrupted a live performance just to get Baby out of the corner in Dirty Dancing.
29. When Anna bought Will an original Chagall painting (of which he had a print hanging in his apartment) in Notting Hill.
30. When Robbie enlisted Billy Idol and some flight attendants for an in-flight song and proposal to Julia in The Wedding Singer.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.