1. Graduating high school.
SAY GOOD-BYE TO THE BEST DAYS OF YOUR LIFE.
2. Graduating college.
False alarm, high school totally wasn’t the best days of your life. But college was. So this time, for real, say good-bye.
3. Realizing that the last person you were friends with who was still at your old high school or college has graduated, and now you no longer have any ties to it.
It now exists only in your ~ memory. ~
(And in real life, too, when you drive past it when you’re visiting home, but STILL.)
5. Your best friend moving.
How do you live???
6. The neighbor that you sometimes said hi to moving.
But this was the year you guys were going to become friends!!!
7. Literally, anybody you remotely know even talking about moving.
EVERYONE. JUST. CHILL. OUT.
8. Switching jobs.
And suddenly you’re prematurely nostalgic about the printer that never worked.
9. Your co-worker switching jobs.
OK, Cheryl the temp! Sure! Just ABANDON US.
10. Any sort of office reorganization.
NEW SNACKS?! WHAT IS THIS HELL?
11. Your parents changing your old bedroom into an office or guest room.
Not sure why they weren’t into the collage of CD covers and magazine cut-outs on the wall, but whatever.
12. A series finale.
Doesn’t matter if it’s after one season or nine.
13. That thing where a series doesn’t end, but it jumps ahead five years.
All of these characters are STRANGERS.
14. Your favorite restaurant closing.
Guess you’ll just starve.
15. Your favorite restaurant updating its menu.
SURELY you will perish.
16. Your favorite server at your favorite restaurant telling you it’s his last shift.
17. Any kind of rebranding.
SyFy?! WHAT HAPPENED TO SCI FI?
18. Your local supermarket remodeling.
Pasta in aisle three, where have you gone????
20. Getting a new phone and losing your old number.
Who even are you anymore?
21. Updating your operating system.
And realizing just how much you took your old apps for granted.
22. One of your favorite bands breaking up.
It’s like these adults who are navigating their own careers and dreams don’t even care about you.
23. A celebrity couple breaking up.
Who knows what to believe anymore.
24. A couple you were friends with breaking up.
Love is basically dead.
25. Breaking up with your own significant other.
Everything is terrible.
26. Gmail telling you to pick a new password.
But nothing could ever be as good as “password123.”
27. Your bank telling you to pick a new PIN.
When will it end???!??
28. Admitting that your favorite pair of jeans is too worn down and finally throwing them away.
29. Friends or acquaintances deleting their Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
Nothing is safe.
30. Franchise reboots.
Andrew Garfield? Not MY Spiderman.
31. Google Glass.
What are we, robots now???????
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️