1. One continuous Japanese broadcast of NCIS is going to break the Guinness World Record for “longest uninterrupted transmission of a TV series” in January, according to CBS.
Japan’s FOX International Channels holds the previous record, set Jan. 1-8 in 2011 by a 168-hour broadcast of 24. So, FOX Japan is breaking its own record. Sorry, 24; NCIS is just bigger and stronger.
2. Your initial reaction is probably one of wonderment. Ten seasons in a row?!
7. Japanese viewers will go to sleep with NCIS…
8. …and NCIS will still be there when they wake up! For 10 days straight!
10. You might be skeptical.
After all, it is quite a lot of NCIS.
11. But how do you honestly feel about marathoning NCIS?
12. Think of all the nice things fans will get to relive.
Hi, Kate. Miss you!
14. The record-setting goes down Dec. 29-Jan. 8. If you’re in Japan and you have a television, you should be happier than Gibbs with a good cup of coffee.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›