3. Bouillabaisse a la Marseillaise. “You don’t want to fuss around with it afterwards, so be sure to taste it. It should be absolutely perfect at this point.”
“Mm, that is, ‘cause I already had tasted it before.”
4. Mashed baked potatoes. “It’s always a good idea to taste it because you want to be sure you’ve got enough salt and pepper in.”
“That’s good. Nothing like butter.”
7. Beef tartare au gratin. “It’s very healthy because it’s on a whole wheat pita, so that’s nourishing.”
8. Sauce for cold lobster. “A drop of lemon in there. Maybe that’s all I need to put in. I’ll just taste it.”
9. Boiled lobster. “While you’re eating the little legs, the rest of the lobster has the time to cool off a little bit, ‘cause it’s good and hot.”
“That’s some of the very, very best meat. Well, I always seem to say that about every part of the lobster.”
10. Hamburgers. Julia Child, bickering and eating hamburgers with Jacques Pépin.
“That’s good,” she says. “Real American fare.”
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›