3. Bouillabaisse a la Marseillaise. “You don’t want to fuss around with it afterwards, so be sure to taste it. It should be absolutely perfect at this point.”
“Mm, that is, ‘cause I already had tasted it before.”
4. Mashed baked potatoes. “It’s always a good idea to taste it because you want to be sure you’ve got enough salt and pepper in.”
“That’s good. Nothing like butter.”
7. Beef tartare au gratin. “It’s very healthy because it’s on a whole wheat pita, so that’s nourishing.”
8. Sauce for cold lobster. “A drop of lemon in there. Maybe that’s all I need to put in. I’ll just taste it.”
9. Boiled lobster. “While you’re eating the little legs, the rest of the lobster has the time to cool off a little bit, ‘cause it’s good and hot.”
“That’s some of the very, very best meat. Well, I always seem to say that about every part of the lobster.”
10. Hamburgers. Julia Child, bickering and eating hamburgers with Jacques Pépin.
“That’s good,” she says. “Real American fare.”
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.