1. Lefties booze more than righties.
A recent survey of more than 25,000 people from 12 countries showed lefties drink more.
2. The right hand is mentioned positively 100 times in the Bible, while the left hand is mentioned only 25 times, all negatively.
Read more here.
3. Mothers over 40 are twice as likely to have a left-handed baby.
Mothers in their twenties are less likely to have a lefty baby.
4. Lefties are more likely to stutter and be schizophrenic.
Illness increases for lefties for many bizarre reasons.
5. Approximately 10% of all humans are left-handed. BUT 50% of CATS are left handed.
Read the study here.
6. Lefties are natural math wizards.
Research shows lefties’ brains are more flexible, which gives lefties the upper hand in math.
7. Lefties life spans are shorter than righties.
According to a study lefties live on average nine years less than righties.
8. Left-handedness runs in families. Lefties in the British royal family include the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, and Prince William.
You are 50% more likely to be a southpaw if one of your parents is left handed.
9. Lefties process things faster than righties.
Research has shown connections between the right and left sides of the brain are faster in left-handed people.
10. Men are more likely to be left-handed.
Gay men are even more likely to be lefties.
11. Lefties are more likely to be the genius in the family.
Studies show lefties are more likely to have an IQ score above 131.
12. Southpaws reach sexual maturity later than righties.
Lefties usually reach puberty 4 to 5 months after righties.
13. Lefties are more easily pissed off.
According to the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, the brains of left-handers process emotions differently and you can more easily piss off a lefty.
14. Lefties are more artsy.
Dr. Alan Searleman found that lefties are more creative and also more forgetful.
15. Lefties make less money than righties.
Lefties earn about 10% less than righties.
16. Presidents are more likely to be left-handed.
The lengthy list of left-handed leaders includes three of the last four commanders in chief (Bush Sr., Clinton, and Obama).
17. Lefties are scaredy-cats!
A study of people watching scary movies showed that lefties scare more easily than righties and are far more likely to suffer from post traumatic stress disorder.
18. Lefties are less confident.
When scientists from Abertay University in Scotland gave 46 lefties and 66 righties behavioral tests lefties weren’t as confident.
19. Lefties have better hearing.
Left-handed people easily hear rapidly changing sounds.
20. Lefties are better at competitive sports.
The Puzzle of Left-Handedness by Rik Smits suggests it is because left-handed athletes get more opportunities to practice with right-handed opponents.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.