1. You moved to D.C. because you wanted to run shit.
2. Interning on the Hill established your importance.
4. Drunken runs to the White House were tradition.
6. Bars were sometimes a little stuffy.
7. You knew East-West streets are lettered, North-South streets are numbered, and diagonal streets are named after states.
8. Every picture you took in front of the White House had meaning.
9. This protester out lived your stay in D.C.
10. Wearing sweats to class got you the side eye.
11. The first year of college you never left campus because your college felt like ‘real’ D.C.
12. And when you finally did leave campus you mostly hung out in NW DC.
15. You couldn’t avoid GW because the university owned almost everything.
16. The shops on M Street met all your fashion needs.
18. It was absolutely hilarious when locals freaked out about the weather.
21. Paying insane amounts of money for Sweet Green salads was totally normal.
22. Standing in line at Ben’s Chili Bowl made you feel like a local.
24. A diplomatic motorcade made you late on more than one occasion.
25. Dates to museums were economical because they were FREE.
27. You would forget alcohol wasn’t sold after 10 pm and at 9:45 pm you would rush to the liquor store.
28. On Saturday nights cabs were the only way to get home because D.C. metro stopped so early.
Updated with the most current D.C. metro map.
29. When people first said DMV you were very confused.
DMV is an acronym used to refer to the greater Washington D.C. area which include parts of Maryland and Northern Virginia.
30. Virginia was where you went to buy cigarettes.
31. You felt constantly policed but totally safe at the same time.
34. You secretly discovered the best concerts happened at 9:30 club.
35. You knew the Black Cat had the best dance parties.
36. The neighborhoods were named weirdly.
37. When you go back to D.C. it’s cooler than when you lived there and you get jealous.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›