1. Artist Kate Gavino thought of what the babysitters’ lives would look like today and created covers based on her ideas.
2. The girls of The Baby-sitters Club dealt with an array of issues in the books, but Gavino has reimagined what they’d deal with in today’s world.
“Whenever I come across a trend that fascinates me, I can’t help but wonder how the BSC would react to it. Wouldn’t Claudia love Candy Crush?” Wouldn’t Mal be a rabid nerdfighter? What would Mary Anne’s Pinterest fails look like?” Gavino told BuzzFeed.
3. Gavino started making these covers because she enjoys seeing what other people’s ideas would be for the series.
“I also secretly wish this will compel Ann M. Martin to hire a ghostwriter (me! me! me!) to revive the series,” said Gavino.
4. While Gavino has only made five covers so far, she’s open to making more based on requests.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈