1. You find out the news that someone got proposed to! You’re so excited!
2. But within a minute of finding out, you start to wonder if you should start using Tinder or OkCupid to find your true love.
3. Or if you’re in a relationship, you wonder if you can start dropping hints to make them propose.
4. But now it’s wedding planning time which means every time you want to go to happy hour, your friend wants to work on her Pinterest wedding board.
There are only so many times you can look at different wedding invitations and flower arrangements.
5. Then comes the discussion of what the tuxes should look like and the color of the bridesmaids dresses.
You start to wonder what life was like before wedding plans.
6. And even after sitting through hours of helping plan their wedding, they still prefer to spend their weekends with their fiancé and not at a bar with you.
You try not to take it personally, but why would anyone turn down happy hour?
7. Instead, they ask you to spend time with them to help sort out their wedding details.
You agree because you know this is the only time you’ll see your friend for the next three weeks.
8. But even though the planning process can be a pain, you two still giggle with excitement about the big day.
9. Finally, everything is planned and all there’s left to do is wait for the big day and enjoy your best friend’s company.
10. You re-visit old bar hangouts and remember both of your past loves.
There’s a lot of “remember when?” questions that you both don’t get tired of asking each other.
11. There’s also days when you’re forced to hang out with all of your friend’s new couple friends.
You’ve gone from being a third wheel to a fifth wheel.
12. Then comes the day when you receive the invitation! It’s officially real and the countdown has begun.
You’re excited to see it all come together (and to stop hearing about wedding plans nonstop).
13. You slowly come to the realization that there is now a finite number of days that your best friend is yours only.
You remind their fiancée that you knew them first every day, no matter how annoyed they get.
14. They’ll soon be best friends with their significant other and that person will hear their secrets first from now on.
15. The weeks before the wedding you try and hang out with them as much as possible.
16. And even though you both get a little sick of each other, you keep hanging out.
17. The days suddenly fly by and it’s rehearsal dinner night. You eat and smile but you’re also a little wistful about losing your partner in crime.
They were there for everything — will they still be there?!
18. It’s wedding day! You put on your smile, comfort your friend, tell them life is going to be great, and take as many photos as you can.
19. The next couple of days after the wedding feel normal but you definitely have that phantom limb feeling.
You want to text them your every thought still but know that you need to give the newlyweds some space.
20. But soon your best friend is back from their honeymoon and asking you to come over and watch movies!
YES, they still want to hang out and watch hours of TV with you! YAY!