1. You can still recite the lyrics to every song by Bright Eyes because Conor Oberst is your kind of lyrical genius.
2. The Garden State soundtrack will never leave your CD collection because you’re still convinced it is one of the best albums you’ve heard your entire life.
You love and hate it because it made The Shins mainstream.
3. Every time you hear The Killers, your heart flutters and you start signing “I’ve got a soul but I’m not a solider.”
Brandon Flowers was your original man crush Monday.
4. You secretly still have your MySpace to find new music.
Remember the good ‘ol days of hearing sneak peeks of Arcade Fire on the site?
5. You consider The Postal Service a perfect blend of electronica and indie and anyone who doesn’t understand that just isn’t a real indie kid.
6. You remember when you’d go to 20 concerts a month, grab the set list at the end and hope to catch a guitar pick when the band would throw them into the crowd.
7. Your bangs are a lasting memory from your indie rock days when they were still hip and quirky.
8. You either own or nurse a soft spot for rectangle black-rimmed glasses because they were just edgy enough.
9. Deep within your closet is a bag from Dickies you refuse to throw out and sometimes use shamelessly.
10. Next to your Garden State CD is The O.C. soundtrack CD because the show’s music just understood all your angsty feelings.
11. You still see ’90s boy bands and just don’t get their appeal. Why did they use so much hair gel?!
12. Your obsession with Vans is still strong and will never end.
13. You still visit Pitchfork, even though all the critics you used to crush on have moved on.
14. You have no shame in admitting that songs by Cat Power, Belle and Sebastian, and Iron and Wine made you cry sometimes.
15. Sufjan Stevens is the heartthrob of your dreams, always and forever.
16. You still get pumped every time a new song is released by SubPop Records or Saddle Creek Records.
17. You’re still trying to perfect your look to resemble the goddess that is Jenny Lewis.
18. You want your relationship to be like Max Bemis’ and Sherri DuPree’s — a match made in indie heaven.
19. There will never be a day when you don’t write lyrics on your converse shoes.
20. You still make mix CDs because they are the only way for you to communicate your feelings.
21. If your date makes one mention of your favorite indie band, you’re in love and ready to marry them.
Only a soul mate would love Rilo Kiley as much as you do.