There’s more to college life than studying, and BuzzFeed has quantified exactly how much more there is at a variety of schools. We plotted Fiesta Frog’s list of the top 100 party schools against DateMySchool’s hotness index, which measures how attractive people find each university’s students. Schools in the top right of the graph scored high on both scales. BuzzFeed combined party-friendliness and sexiness rankings to produce our top 10:
2. 10. East Carolina University
At 35th in partying and 47th in hotness, ECU came in tenth in our combined ranking. Sandra Bullock is an alum.
3. 9. University of Georgia
Georgia scored 20th in partying and 60th in sexiness. Kim Basinger attended the college.
4. 8. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
UNC ranked 25th in partying and 52nd in sexiness to make it to 8th place on our list. Former Laker Rick Fox played basketball there.
5. 7. Central Michigan University
Central Michigan University placed 8th in hotness and 66th in partying. Colts defensive back Josh Gordy went there.
6. 6. University of Colorado, Boulder
Colorado’s flagship public university ranked 61st in hotness and 11th in partying. Noted Law & Order: SVU hottie Chris Meloni graduated in 1983.
7. 5. New York University
NYU ranks 38th in hotness and 33rd in partying. Kristen Bell is one of the many celebs who went there.
8. 4. University of California, Santa Barbara
UCSB came in 12th in partying and 54th in hotness. Benjamin Bratt got a BFA there.
9. 3. University of Virginia
UVa ranked 40th in hotness and 22nd in partying, earning it 3rd place in our ranking. Grey’s Anatomy actress Sarah Drew is an alum.
10. 2. Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Coming in 59th in partying but first in hotness, Indiana University makes it to No. 2 on our list. Playboy Playmate Lindsey Vuolo studied communications there.
11. 1. Pennsylvania State University
Penn State ranked 14th in hotness and 7th in partying, for the best combined ranking of all. Good Morning America anchor Lara Spencer was on the diving team there.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.