1. Teenagers post the most inspirational quotes — 30-year-olds post the fewest.
Researchers at Wolfram Alpha analyzed what users post about on Facebook at a variety of ages. They found that posting quotes and “life philosophy” peaked in the late teens, then started climbing again after 30.
2. Teens also talk the most about relationships.
Despite the tendency of every twenty- and thirtysomething’s feed to fill up with engagement announcements, talk about love is actually most common in the teen years.
3. You talk a lot more about health in your late twenties than your early twenties.
Health talk keeps climbing until around 40, and then levels off.
4. And as you approach your late twenties, you start talking about food way more.
No word on whether your tastes in food also mature as you age.
5. But you don’t talk anymore about fitness.
Mentions of fitness stay pretty flat across all age groups. On Facebook, everyone is lazy.
6. Your late twenties are even more cat-obsessed than your early twenties.
Posting about animals peaks around age 35.
7. Thirty-year-olds talk the most about TV.
It’s grown-ups, not teens, who can’t stop posting about their favorite shows. But the desire to do so starts to drop off around age 30.
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›