1. Bling out your glasses.
The Carnival of Venice runs from January 26 to February 12 this year, and on Sunday, performers wore traditional carnival masks and outfits. A wig and glasses completed this Venetian’s look.
2. Strike a pose.
Also note the classy ring-over-glove look.
3. Accessorize with a giant hat.
Or, you know, a rectangular face-plate.
4. Take a breather.
When all the revelry becomes too much, you can always linger creepily against a wall.
5. Bring your fan.
And make sure it matches your cool/scary upholstery hat.
6. Cultivate an air of mystery.
Who is this masked man contemplating the gondolas?
7. Make an entrance.
During the “Flight of Columbine” or “Flight of the Angel,” an acrobat is lowered from Saint Mark’s bell tower on an iron cable into the square below. Definitely try this at your next party.
8. Coordinate with your date.
Bonus points if you also coordinate luggage.
9. Or your friends.
These more understated outfits look like they could be cute (and warm) winter partywear.
With a mask it’s especially necessary.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈