1. Bling out your glasses.
The Carnival of Venice runs from January 26 to February 12 this year, and on Sunday, performers wore traditional carnival masks and outfits. A wig and glasses completed this Venetian’s look.
2. Strike a pose.
Also note the classy ring-over-glove look.
3. Accessorize with a giant hat.
Or, you know, a rectangular face-plate.
4. Take a breather.
When all the revelry becomes too much, you can always linger creepily against a wall.
5. Bring your fan.
And make sure it matches your cool/scary upholstery hat.
6. Cultivate an air of mystery.
Who is this masked man contemplating the gondolas?
7. Make an entrance.
During the “Flight of Columbine” or “Flight of the Angel,” an acrobat is lowered from Saint Mark’s bell tower on an iron cable into the square below. Definitely try this at your next party.
8. Coordinate with your date.
Bonus points if you also coordinate luggage.
9. Or your friends.
These more understated outfits look like they could be cute (and warm) winter partywear.
With a mask it’s especially necessary.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›