1. Bling out your glasses.
The Carnival of Venice runs from January 26 to February 12 this year, and on Sunday, performers wore traditional carnival masks and outfits. A wig and glasses completed this Venetian’s look.
2. Strike a pose.
Also note the classy ring-over-glove look.
3. Accessorize with a giant hat.
Or, you know, a rectangular face-plate.
4. Take a breather.
When all the revelry becomes too much, you can always linger creepily against a wall.
5. Bring your fan.
And make sure it matches your cool/scary upholstery hat.
6. Cultivate an air of mystery.
Who is this masked man contemplating the gondolas?
7. Make an entrance.
During the “Flight of Columbine” or “Flight of the Angel,” an acrobat is lowered from Saint Mark’s bell tower on an iron cable into the square below. Definitely try this at your next party.
8. Coordinate with your date.
Bonus points if you also coordinate luggage.
9. Or your friends.
These more understated outfits look like they could be cute (and warm) winter partywear.
With a mask it’s especially necessary.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.